SCNUSD #5 Summer Covid-19 Info
Hello SCNUSD #5 Parents, Patrons, Students, and Staff:
I wanted to take a minute to update you on the work that is occurring in order to open our schools for the 2020-2021 school year. While parents, students, and staff did a great job with the transition to on-line learning, we are working hard with the health department to assure SCU #5 can operate safely and securely with staff and students in the building.
Administrators have been busy reviewing the Directed Health Measures, as they are released, and are hopeful that school will open, in person, on August 18th. Additionally, we are hoping to operate school as normal as possible. However, depending upon the prevalence of Covid-19 in our area, the school experience may look somewhat different for our students and staff. The following are areas that MIGHT be impacted due to Covid-19:
- students’ temperatures taken prior to entering the bus or the school each morning
- when possible, parents transporting their own children to and from school
- assigned bus seats, grouping by families
- cohort groups utilized for instruction in specials and during lunch
- when possible, staff and students wearing masks in the school and on the bus
- clear dividers between and among students
- no sharing of any school supplies
Next week, the school district will survey parents/students regarding returning to school in the fall. Please take the time to complete the survey so that we may utilize the input for further planning. Please know we are still in the planning phase but wanted to share what we are working on in preparation for the 2020-2021 school year.
Mrs. Otero, Superintendent