Lawrence/Nelson Archery: Elementary Wins State and Middle School Places Second
Many students in the top 10!
Congratulations to the Lawrence/Nelson Archery Teams on their state meet performance...a first and second place team finish, and several top 10 qualifiers to add to the list of awards for the National Archery Competition (which will also be virtual and held from April 18th - May 8th)...
- The elementary team won state with three boys taking 1st/2nd/3rd and three girls taking 2nd/5th/8th place in the elementary division
- The middle school team received runner-up with two boys placing 2nd and 8th, and then two girls placing 1st and 8th
- Students in the top 10 contributing to these outstanding finishes include:
- Elementary Boys (4th/5th grades): Wyatt Livgren - 1st place, Joel Hoelting - 2nd place, Kade Peters - 3rd place
- Elementary Girls (4th/5th grades): Avery Ostdiek - 2nd place, Kara Peters - 5th place, Maddy Laughlin - 8th place
- Middle School Boys (6th/7th/8th grades): Cody Brockman - 2nd place, Nathan Pofahl - 8th place
- Middle School Girls (6th/7th/8th grades): Grayce Beck - 1st place, Natalie Jacobitz - 8th
Lawrence/Nelson takes part in NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) through a grant applied for a few years back. Beth Himmelberg and Alycia Watts have helped to implement this program during our PE instruction time with Mr. Blevins at the MS/HS and with Mrs. Biltoft at the elementary. A huge thank you to them for their help, and a big CONGRATS to these students on some outstanding finishes and national qualifying finishes! Winning state and having that many top ten finishes is quite an honor!