Staying in the Know Regarding COVID Regulations at Events/Activities
Please review before attending activities at SCNUSD #5, including LN and SC
In an attempt to keep consistent communication regarding upcoming activities, we will be sharing the guidelines for our visitors, and as we visit other schools, below. As a general rule of thumb, the following guidelines apply, regardless of what facility the activities are being held:
1. Social distancing of at least 6' by separate family units (only household members allowed at school activities per the new DHM effective 11/11/20).
2. Use designated entrances/locker rooms (in most cases, these will be different for home/visiting fans).
3. Often times, not always, there will be separate concessions & restrooms for home/visiting fans. Please ensure you are reading the signs regarding this.
4. In ALL facilities, masks will now be required for NSAA events, as well as requiring our fans to sit together by family unit. Household members ONLY are allowed to enter school activities, including sporting activities.
5. In some facilities, you will be required to have your temperature taken as well. Please ensure you do not enter a facility if you show COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to the virus, or have had a temperature within the last 24 hours.
6. For the current health mandate, effective 11/11/20, we will operate at 50% capacity for indoor facilities for the upcoming winter sports' seasons.
7. For Lawrence/Nelson activities, please continue to check the Daily Bulletin for who is allowed to attend events. For example, there are wrestling meets and basketball games that allow household members, some that allow two household members, and others that don't allow any spectators. HERE is a link to the holiday tournament information in Hershey for 2020.
HERE is a link to the protocol for wrestling meets hosted by the South Central Red Raiders.
HERE is a link to the protocol for Sandy Creek basketball games.
HERE is a link to the protocol for Lawrence/Nelson home basketball games (all held in Nelson).