Please Submit Forms Early!
SCNUSD #5 offers healthy meals every day for your children! Breakfast costs $1.30, and lunch costs $2.55 (K-5th grade) and $2.60 (6th-12th Grade). Milk costs 40¢. If you would like to join your student for lunch, your cost is $3.50.
Children may also qualify for free/reduced lunches. Reduced price lunches are $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch. If your child(ren) qualified for free or reduced-price meals at the end of last school year, you must submit a new application for this school year in order to avoid an interruption in meal benefits. And, as a reminder, these forms can be submitted at any time throughout the school year should your income change.
You only need to fill out one form per family (not per child). All application forms are confidential, and should be returned to:
- Dana L. Epley, Principal, Lawrence-Nelson Public Schools, PO Box 368, Nelson, NE 68961-0368.
- LN Application for 2018-2019 linked HERE. Please note new forms come out annually on or around July 1st.
- Please mail application to address above for Dana Epley.
- Julie Studnicka, Principal, Sandy Creek PK-Elementary School, 30671 Hwy 14, Fairfield, NE 68938.
- Jason Searle, Principal, Sandy Creek Middle School & High School, 30671 Hwy 14, Fairfield, NE 68938.
If you disagree with your free/reduced lunch status, you should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Julie Otero, Supt of Schools, South Central NE USD #5, 30671 Hwy 14, Fairfield, NE 68938 or call toll-free at 1.877.726.2151 or by email at email@example.com